Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Accident Attorney
What is premises liability?
Falling down and injuring one’s self is covered by a part law called premises liability. This means if someone had a duty to keep the premises or area clean, clutter-free, or dry (area with slippery tiles) but failed to do so, and that failure resulted in your injuries, then you maybe able recover damages.
Slip and falls can be painful, embarrassing, and medically expensive. Make sure you know your rights. Call an attorney to determine if your fall was a result of someone else’s negligence. Attorney Azami, a personal injury attorney, can assist with determining liability of the parties and explain your rights to recovery. Our Garden Grove office is centrally-located in Orange County, right off of the 22 Freeway and Valley View Street.
What should I do after falling down that wasn’t my fault?
- Remain Calm
- Take notes of things like when, where, how and why
- Try to get names and contact information for witnesses and if there were cameras (today there are cameras everywhere)
- Don’t argue with employees or managers–remain polite
- Determine how bad is your injury and get checked out by a medical profession to see how serious is the pain or injury
- Call a personal injury attorney to determine fault, your rights and how to file a claim–we don’t charge you unless we recover for your injuries
What kinds of injuries can falling down cause?
Falling down can have various types of injuries depending on the age, medical condition, type of all and where someone fell. The following are some of the typical injuries as a result of falling down:
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones (Hip fracture could be fatal in senior citizens)
- Concussion (from hitting one’s head during a fall)
Do most falling down injuries happen from high places like tall buildings or roof?
No, most falls occur in a single story or single level places. It’s usually from a slight dip in a step or a slight rise in front of one’s step. Usually it’s a broken concrete raised by unmaintained tree roots, wet items on slippery surfaces and sharp objects at floor level.
Who gets injured the most from falling down?
Vulnerable people with medical conditions or aging issue tend to suffer the most, but anyone can sustain major injuries if the person fell hitting a critical body part or landing on a dangerous object, like a sharp spike. The following are reasons why someone may fall:
- Poor Vision
- Balance Problems
- Improper shoes
- Taking certain medications
- Those recovering from a previous injury or surgery
You only have 2 years to file a claim for a personal injury in California. If you wait too long to be seen by a doctor for your injuries, you also run the risk of exacerbating your injury and not seeming credible by opposing party and their insurance company. Call us today to evaluate your case. Consultations are free and we don’t charge you until we recover for your damages: (714) 321-9999!