Some people don’t really see domestic violence as a truly violent act, but they are some of the most dangerous types of violent acts. Still yet, we have created a list pertaining to domestic violence charges and then a separate one for what is traditionally-deemed violent crimes.
By clicking to any topic below, you’ll be able to find the elements of each crime (what the prosecutor needs to prove against you), the defenses for each charge and potential exposure. Exposure is the penalty or penalties for each charge.
- Domestic Battery, PC 243(e)(1)
- Aggravated Trespass, PC 601
- Domestic Violence & Corporal Injury to a Spouse or Cohabitant, PC 273.5
- Child Neglect/Failure to Provide Care, PC 270
- Child Endangerment, PC 273a
- Child Abuse, PC 273d
- Elder Abuse, PC 368
- Criminal Threats, PC 422
- Stalking, PC 646.9
- Revenge Porn, PC 647(j)(4)
- Posting Harmful Data on the Internet, PC 653.2
TRADITIONALLY VIOLENT CRIMES